POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : isosurface help Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:21:53 EDT (-0400)
  isosurface help (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Paul Jones
Subject: isosurface help
Date: 1 Sep 2000 11:38:08
Message: <39AFCCBA.F91D7D07@psu.edu>
is it possile to make an isosurface from a function F(r,theta,phi) in
spherical coordinates? or do I have to convert to cartesian or create a
set of parametric equations.....

-paul
--

--------------------------------------------------}
Paul Daniel Jones

pdj### [at] psuedu
http://research.chem.psu.edu/glassgrp/paul

       C            The way is near, but men
     // \           seek it afar. It is in the
    N    N          easy things, but men seek it
    |    ||         in the difficult things.
    C    C          -Menicius
     \\  /
--------------------------------------------------}

Post a reply to this message

> is it possile to make an isosurface from a function F(r,theta,phi) in
> spherical coordinates? or do I have to convert to cartesian or create a
> set of parametric equations.....
>
> -paul

IMO you have to use cartesian coordinates, maybe have a look on the megapov
sample file 'sph_noise.pov', which uses something like noise3d with spherical
coordiantes.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>