POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : photons Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  photons (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: Paul Daniel Jones
Subject: photons
Date: 16 Aug 2000 08:19:20
Message: <399A871D.3F000619@psu.edu>
How can i take a light source and reflect the light off a mirror type
object and get both beams of light (incident and reflected) to show up
in media? I tried using photons and media.... but I cannot seem to get
the reflected light to interact with the media....

--
-------------------------------------------#
Paul Daniel Jones

http://research.chem.psu.edu/glassgrp/paul
--------------------------------------------#

Post a reply to this message

Paul Daniel Jones <pdj### [at] psuedu> wrote:

> How can i take a light source and reflect the light off a mirror type
> object and get both beams of light (incident and reflected) to show up
> in media? I tried using photons and media.... but I cannot seem to get
> the reflected light to interact with the media....

This is not how raytracing works. You probably want radiosity.

bye,
  Chris
--
Christian Perle              E-mail:        chr### [at] tu-clausthalde
Am Galgensberg 4             WWW:        http://home.tu-clausthal.de/~incp/

Post a reply to this message