POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : HF question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  HF question (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Paul Jones
Subject: HF question
Date: 26 Jul 2000 14:07:34
Message: <397F27BE.5847C69C@psu.edu>
Hi.

I would like to place something on the surface of a height field, how
would I do this? Specifically I would like to model the Great Wall of
China, any thoughts? Any good tutorials or sample scene files I could
peruse?

-thanks

-paul
--

Paul Daniel Jones
307 Chandlee Laboratory

        /  \
       N    N
       |  O |
       C    C
      / \  / \
  H3C     C    CH3

Post a reply to this message

> I would like to place something on the surface of a height field, how
> would I do this? Specifically I would like to model the Great Wall of
> China, any thoughts? Any good tutorials or sample scene files I could
> peruse?
>
> -thanks
>
> -paul

In general: Using megapov's hf_height_at function.  Building a wall mostly
depends, how you build it, whether you place the single stones using while
loops/macros or you use some different construction.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>