POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Matrix help needed Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:29:41 EDT (-0400)
  Matrix help needed (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Josh English
Subject: Matrix help needed
Date: 14 Jul 2000 14:22:42
Message: <396F5AC8.4DD0F92D@spiritone.com>
Not the matrix keyword, I know about John VanSickle's page... what I
can't seem to find is a method of finding an inverse of a 4 by 4 matrix.
The goal is to create a linear map from one 3d vector space to another,
one that is non-orthogonal and doen'st necessarily have the same center
as the normal POV-Ray coordinate system. If I define the new coordinate
space with three direction vectors and a center, giving me a 3 by 4
matrix (and add a fourth column in the same manner that POV-Ray does) I
want to convert any point in the normal space to be represented in the
new vector space.

The goal is to create boxes that are scaled and rotated and skewed, and
then to see if a point interesects the box.

Thanks for any help,

Josh English -- Lexiphanic Lethomaniac
eng### [at] spiritonecom

(PS, Yes, I know about trace, I don't like using it becasue I feel like
it's cheating in a way.)

Post a reply to this message