POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Intersection test for triangles Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:29:19 EDT (-0400)
  Intersection test for triangles (Message 11 to 15 of 15)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: Re: Intersection test for triangles
Date: 24 May 2000 22:01:56
Message: <392C8D0D.F5D2DB81@erols.com>
Ron Parker wrote:

> (Likewise, to see if two triangles intersect, it suffices to
> check whether any edge of one triangle intersects the face of the
> other triangle.)

Not quite rigorous enough.  It is possible for two edges of each
triangle to exactly intersect the corresponding edges of the other,
and whether this is counted as an intersection of the interior of the
the triangles is a matter of floating point precision.
For randomly-arranged objects, this is highly unlikely.

Regards,
John
--
ICQ: 46085459