POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : texture on a scaled object Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:29:41 EDT (-0400)
  texture on a scaled object (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Mike Weber
Subject: texture on a scaled object
Date: 10 May 2000 14:34:52
Message: <3919abcc$1@news.povray.org>
I have a image-map texture I want to apply to a box{<0,0,0>,<1,1,1>} which
is then scaled in X direction by 2000.  When I do that, the image-map is
strecthed as well, instead, I want the image-map to repeat along the X.  How
do I do that?  Do I need to scale it by 1/2000?

--
Mike

wk: mik### [at] pyxiscom  www.pyxis.com
hm: mwe### [at] sciticom  www.geocities.com/mikepweber

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 10 May 2000 11:34:54 -0700, "Mike Weber"
<mik### [at] pyxiscom> wrote:

>I have a image-map texture I want to apply to a box{<0,0,0>,<1,1,1>} which
>is then scaled in X direction by 2000.  When I do that, the image-map is
>strecthed as well, instead, I want the image-map to repeat along the X.  How
>do I do that?  Do I need to scale it by 1/2000?

Try doing something like this instead:

box
{
  <0,0,0>, <2000,1,1>
  pigment
  {
    image_map
    {
      gif "my_map.gif"
      interpolate 2
    }
  }
  transform { Any_Further_Transformations }
}

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet

> I have a image-map texture I want to apply to a box{<0,0,0>,<1,1,1>}
> which is then scaled in X direction by 2000.  When I do that, the
> image-map is strecthed as well, instead, I want the image-map to
> repeat along the X.  How do I do that?  Do I need to scale it by
> 1/2000?

Place the scale statement *before* the texture, and only the object will
be scaled.
Instead of this:
box {...
    texture {...}
    scale < 2000, 1, 1>
}
use this:
box {...
    scale < 2000, 1, 1>
    texture {...}
}

You could also create the box at the desired size and not bother with
scale at all, but this method is easier if you also want to use rotate,
matrix, or transform.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/