POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Problems with .inc file 'sky' macro Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:28:00 EDT (-0400)
  Problems with .inc file 'sky' macro (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: ranger5
Subject: Problems with .inc file 'sky' macro
Date: 18 Apr 2000 09:24:41
Message: <38fc6219@news.povray.org>
I've seperated my scene into several objects and have written a seperate
.inc file for each object. In each .inc file I define a macro to draw the
object. I then call the macro in the main .pov file. The problem i'm having
is with the sky .inc file.

All the other .inc file macros work when called. The Sky() macro however
refuses to work. I've tried several things such as trying to make a union
object of all the parts of the sky but nothing seems to work, POV-Ray seems
to get hung-up on the fact that i'm calling the Sky_Sphere inside a macro. I
know that the code inside the macro works when I call it from the main .pov
file, but I really need to seperate out each component of the scene into
it's own file to aid future re-useability.

I've included .pov and .inc files as a zip file attachment to this posting,
if anyone can help by making suggestions or posting some working code back
to the newsgroup I would be eternally thankful.

Thanks
Paul

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: