POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Realistic Sky? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Realistic Sky? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: ranger5
Subject: Realistic Sky?
Date: 16 Apr 2000 08:52:17
Message: <38f9b781@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to make a realistic looking sky, so far without too much success.
I'm fairly new to Pov-Ray so i'm probably doing it the wrong way or
something.

So far i've used the built in sky_sphere, but the problem with this is that
the clouds just don't look realistic because there is no perspective.
Someone suggested having a seperate blue background sky sphere and a smaller
cloud sphere with a partially transparent color map and then flattening
both. They also suggested adding fog to the scene to further increase the
realism of the scene.

If anyone has any experience in this area could they please make some
suggestions and post some suitable code? I'm beginning to lose the will to
live!

Thanks
Paul

Post a reply to this message