POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : difficult questions (for me anyway) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  difficult questions (for me anyway) (Message 21 to 22 of 22)
From: David Fontaine
Subject: Re: difficult questions (for me anyway)
Date: 9 Mar 2000 18:32:06
Message: <38C833B5.111745F5@faricy.net>
Chris Huff wrote:

> Note that your solution should be <sin(degrees(bla)), 0,
> cos(degrees(bla))>, unless you specify your angles in radians.

Oh yeah, forgot. That's such a pain in the arse.
What's so great about radians anyway? That the arc length of one radian is
the radius? Some magical property of pi? Why do mathematicians always seem
to prefer radians to degrees?

--
 | \     |_          <dav### [at] faricynet> <ICQ 55354965>
 |_/avid |ontaine        http://www.faricy.net/~davidf/

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad." -Dali

Post a reply to this message

>What's so great about radians anyway? That the arc length of one radian is
>the radius? Some magical property of pi? Why do mathematicians always seem
>to prefer radians to degrees?

Because calculus works out much better if you use radians.

Mark