POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : how to model a lime? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:25:49 EDT (-0400)
  how to model a lime? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Andre
Subject: how to model a lime?
Date: 13 Feb 2000 13:39:12
Message: <38a6fa50@news.povray.org>
not exactly an advanced question, but how should I model a lime
(isosurfaces, bump maps?)
just seeing if someone has done this before.

Thanks
Andre de Avillez

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob Hughes
Subject: Re: how to model a lime?
Date: 13 Feb 2000 14:39:35
Message: <38a70877@news.povray.org>
Hmmm, I know that Dave Dunn (HOST Comp DaveD for POV-Ray Chat on AOL) has done a
orange slice for a drink in the 101 Classroom message folder at AOLs POV-Ray
area.  Let me see what he did there...
It's a few spheres each with it's own texture for peel/rind and membrane/flesh
parts using a radial pattern for the segments.
I don't think this would help for a lime shape exactly but close though.  He
just used a 'granite' normal for the peel texture and it's all CSG of the
spheres one inside the other and a pair of boxes differenced away to make the
slice.
If you want to see the whole include file I could ask Dave if it's alright to
take it from there.

Bob

"Andre" <nania> wrote in message news:38a6fa50@news.povray.org...
| not exactly an advanced question, but how should I model a lime
| (isosurfaces, bump maps?)
| just seeing if someone has done this before.
|
| Thanks
| Andre de Avillez

Post a reply to this message