POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : mega ponder Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:26:51 EDT (-0400)
  mega ponder (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Noah A
Subject: mega ponder
Date: 18 Mar 2000 02:16:31
Message: <38D32DDD.9F502E9C@powersurfr.com>
how do i do the fallowing in megapov

blurr a reflection
turn a solid mesh on so i can use refraction
use blinn shading

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob Hughes
Subject: Re: mega ponder
Date: 18 Mar 2000 04:02:47
Message: <38d34637@news.povray.org>
finish

  reflection_blur 0.5  blur_samples 5
  blinn 0.5 facets 0.5 // amount and size, larger facets is larger highlight
 }

I'm not sure about the solid mesh but both 'mesh' and 'mesh2' are supposed to be
capable of CSG if the mesh is closed.  Other than that there's 'inside_vector'
which you can set the ray tracing direction to test for the inside and out. You
use a vector after the keyword to specify which is to be checked. But I don't
know anything about it, someone else will have to answer.

Bob

"Noah A" <vip### [at] powersurfrcom> wrote in message
| how do i do the fallowing in megapov
|
| blurr a reflection
| turn a solid mesh on so i can use refraction
| use blinn shading

Post a reply to this message