POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Repost:Conversion to POV-ray from Rhinolator(For Rhinoceros) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  Repost:Conversion to POV-ray from Rhinolator(For Rhinoceros) (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: J  Kim
Subject: Repost:Conversion to POV-ray from Rhinolator(For Rhinoceros)
Date: 10 Mar 2000 02:10:05
Message: <38C89FF5.7EC87102@mm.ewha.ac.kr>
Dear all,
 I am quite new both to Rhino and POV-ray.
 I'd like to see if I could convert Rhinolator (for Rhinoceros) script
programs into the
POV-ray program, which generates an interpolated curve similar to a
greek letter, ohmega.
From this line, I generate sweep_1_rail which has circular cross-section

  ( Is this some sort of spline function in POV?).
I wish I could use a sphere for the sweeping instead of the circle.
However, this is the only method I know of for the Rhinoceros
programming.
   One of the reason for trying to convert them is that the size of the
final 'smoothed_triangle' data are quite big(somewhere around 50Mbyte
when I
duplicated the original ohmega-like lines) and time-consuming.
  The other reason is that I would like to use either the
sphere-sweeping_Catmull_Rom_Spline function of the Superpatch or the
Blob function following the interpolated curve.
From this I would like to make a semi-transparent solid wavy object.
I am attaching some part of my Rhinolator script, which describes the
curve part by part.

  Thanks in advance,

Jong
-------------------
//Part 1
count=0
  InterpCrv
   for (x=-6;x<-1)
   {
               x=-6+count/15
               y=-10.39-rt(25-(x+6)^2)
               z=0
        w$x,$y,$z
count=count+1
   }
//Part2
countT=0
  InterpCrv
   for(y=-8.85;y<-1.48)
    {
                y=-8.85+countT/15
                x=y*(-0.4973)-5.584
                z=rt(4.2^2-(y+5.196)^2)-2
          w$x,$y,$z
countT=countT+1
   }
enter
//
end

Post a reply to this message

Sorry that I posted on a wrong discussion site. I think this fits some other
newsgroup.(Rhino?)
Thanks anyway.
Jong