POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : opposite of bounded/clipped by. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:23:30 EDT (-0400)
  opposite of bounded/clipped by. (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Eitan Tal
Subject: opposite of bounded/clipped by.
Date: 23 Feb 2000 07:41:57
Message: <38B3D506.3C177@netvision.net.il>
I am looking for a transformation / CSG that is the opposite of bounded
/ clipped by.

for example, I have 2 boxes, (X dimension only, for example)

#declare Box1 = Box {<1>,<3>}
#declare Box2 = Box{<2>,<4>}

where 2-3 is the shared region, which I want to eliminate.

I can do merge {
object {Box1}
object {Box2}
}

and a triple object, that will contain the same place, might be box1,
box2,
box1 bounded by box2, box2 bounded by box1.

I can also do the same with difference

difference {
merge {object {box1} {object{box2}
object {box1/2 bounded_by {object {box2}}}
}

is there a function that does this operation or do I have to use these
two options?
does that triple merge bug exists in newer versions?

Post a reply to this message