POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:16:39 EDT (-0400)
   (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Me  :)
Date: 3 Jan 2000 05:56:54
Message: <38708076@news.povray.org>
Greetings pov'ers

I am at my wits end now....
What I'm trying to get is fog with *visible* turbulence.
Like when it starts raining on a hot day, and the steam rises off the road,
with cars driving by, you get this swirling 'turbulence' effect in the
steam.
I have messed around for hours with fog, and ground-fog, but I just can't
seem to get the turbulence even to an extent where you can see it.
So now I'm calling out to the masses for help.  :)
Anybody with an idea or a piece of source that can do this, would really
make my day.
And speaking of rain...  any ideas on how to create reasonably acceptable
rain / snow / hail  without having to create millions of separate objects ??
Ken ... ??  You seem to be the 'resident' expert ?? *hint hint*  ;)
Thanx in advance !!

Ciao for now, and a great new year to all !!
May the new millenium bring pc's that can render *any* scene
in less than 10 seconds...     ;)
--
Charl Rousseau
Email : Lut### [at] mailboxcoza  or  Lut### [at] hotmailcom

Post a reply to this message

You need to use the turb_depth omega lambda and octaves to adjust the
various clumpiness of fog;
octaves will determine how many times to go into the turbulence using lambda
and omega to determine how chaotic or quiescent to make it.  The turbulence
is the overall amount to apply using these.  Lower numbers meaning less,
higher more.
I might have an example to show if I can find it.

Bob