POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : color_map question with. GIF files Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:12:27 EDT (-0400)
  color_map question with. GIF files (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: David Vincent-Jones
Subject: color_map question with. GIF files
Date: 16 Nov 1999 17:46:20
Message: <3831debc@news.povray.org>
I am working with a 1250 x 1000 gif file in 256 colors. This is used in a
height_field.
Regardless of how much I scale the scene I can only get the color_map to
work within the range 0f 0 and 0.1.
Any ideas !!

As a test I rendered a smaller (480 x 360) gif height_field from the front
edge
then used identical settings with the larger image
I tried using a vertical scale at both 250 and 500.
With the smaller image the results were quite predictable and OK
With the 1250 x 1000 file the image was correctly scalled but much too low
in the view
and the color_map only reflected the scale of less than 0.01 !!

What is going on ?

Post a reply to this message