POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Wine Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:25:23 EDT (-0400)
  Wine (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Fabian Brau
Subject: Wine
Date: 12 Oct 1999 10:48:57
Message: <380358B8.5CD53F49@umh.ac.be>
Hello everyone,

Someone can perhaps help me. I search to make a good texture for wine
(example wine in a glass). The property of the wine (or other colored
liquid) is that its transparency (filtering) decrease with the
augmentation of the quantity of liquid crossed by the light (I hope do
you understand me). So imagine (you can make the manipulation to night!)
a glass of wine on a table. 50 cm away from your eyes. You will see that
the wine has not the same color everywhere! It is more luminous above
(where the light don't cross to many quantity of wine) and less luminous
at the bottom of the glass (where the light cross more quantity of
liquid).

Povray can similate this? I think that "filter" or "transmit" just
define the quantity of light which go through the object. But I think
that this independant of the volume and the quantity of liquid cross by
the light!

Thanks to answer my question!

If you don't understand me just go to the page:
 http://www.gk.dtu.dk/home/hwj/pictures/caustics.html

And look the glass of Cognac and look the texture for the Cognac! Can
someone do this?

Thanks!

PS: I know that I use the word cross here and this is not the good word!
But I don't remenber the right word!

Post a reply to this message