POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : math support Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  math support (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Noah A
Subject: math support
Date: 27 Aug 1999 23:41:22
Message: <37C75A75.9104ACCC@powersurfr.com>
we need a support group for ppl addicted to math images.
how can i make it so that in a while it will go for a certain number and
skip like
go while 0-15 then to  45-30

Post a reply to this message

From: Mark Wagner
Subject: Re: math support
Date: 28 Aug 1999 01:09:26
Message: <37c76f06@news.povray.org>
Noah A wrote in message <37C75A75.9104ACCC@powersurfr.com>...
>we need a support group for ppl addicted to math images.
>how can i make it so that in a while it will go for a certain number and
>skip like
>go while 0-15 then to  45-30

#declare counter = 0;
#while(counter != 29)
    /*Do something*/
    #if(counter < 16)
        #declare counter = counter + 1;
    #end
    #if(counter > 16)
        #declare counter = counter - 1;
    #end
    #if(counter = 16)
        #declare counter = 45;
    #end
#end

Mark

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Date: 28 Aug 1999 07:09:31
Message: <37C7C30F.E6A319F7@pacbell.net>
Noah A wrote:

> we need a support group for ppl addicted to math images.
> how can i make it so that in a while it will go for a certain number and
> skip like
> go while 0-15 then to  45-30

This is not a math question as much as it is a proceedure question. Mark's
example looks good to me so I will defer to his narrative on the remainder
of you needs.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: