POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Box filled with maximum numbers of spheres Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:16:31 EDT (-0400)
  Box filled with maximum numbers of spheres (Message 11 to 18 of 18)
From: TonyB
Subject: Re: A more interesting problem ...
Date: 27 Aug 1999 18:10:21
Message: <37C6FCA3.4922626E@panama.phoenix.net>
> GATTACA
> There is a little chemical joke in that movie title by the way.

I see that it looks like a sequence of DNA, but I don't get the joke... Could you
explain?

--
Anthony L. Bennett
http://welcome.to/TonyB

Non nova, sed nove.

Post a reply to this message

From: Dennis Clarke
Subject: Java applets rendering genetic data ...
Date: 30 Aug 1999 19:37:45
Message: <37CB1564.D3F7A45A@interlog.com>

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (12 KB)

From: Dennis Clarke
Date: 30 Aug 1999 19:59:34
Message: <37CB1A84.3DD1D658@interlog.com>
TonyB wrote:

> > GATTACA
> > There is a little chemical joke in that movie title by the way.
>
> I see that it looks like a sequence of DNA, but I don't get the joke... Could you
> explain?

... that particular nucleotide sequence can not happen.  At all.

    Yeah .. I know .. a very little joke in a movie that had so much symbolism,
from the double helix staircase ( render that! ) that Jerome could not walk on
despite his genetic perfection to the Vincent Freeman ( free man ) last name.
Why was his beautiful girlfriend named Irene Cassini?

Dennis Clarke

http://www.interlog.com/~dclarke/povray/povray.html

> --
> Anthony L. Bennett