POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Blend map Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:25:58 EDT (-0400)
  Blend map (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: T'vakah
Subject: Blend map
Date: 6 Aug 1999 11:38:01
Message: <37ab0159@news.povray.org>
I was just searching through the 3.1 docs and can't find any reference to
the blend_map.  Is it still supported?  If not why was it dropped?

T'vakah

A small project I am working on know:
http://backdoor.to/edertav/

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: Blend map
Date: 6 Aug 1999 11:52:47
Message: <37AB03F5.C5090B52@pacbell.net>
T'vakah wrote:

> I was just searching through the 3.1 docs and can't find any reference to
> the blend_map.  Is it still supported?  If not why was it dropped?
>
> T'vakah

I have never heard of it. Are you sure that it was a feature of Pov and if
so what version ? It might be from a custom version of Pov but not in the
official version.

These are the only map type functions that I can remember that are supported:

bump_map
density_map
image_map
material_map
normal_map
pigment_map
texture_map

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/links.htm

Post a reply to this message

> > I was just searching through the 3.1 docs and can't find any reference to
> > the blend_map.  Is it still supported?  If not why was it dropped?
> >
> > T'vakah
>
> I have never heard of it. Are you sure that it was a feature of Pov and if
> so what version ? It might be from a custom version of Pov but not in the
> official version.
>
> These are the only map type functions that I can remember that are supported:
>
> bump_map
> density_map
> image_map
> material_map