POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Blobs, bug? or help! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:27:03 EDT (-0400)
  Blobs, bug? or help! (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Matt Giwer
Subject: Blobs, bug? or help!
Date: 27 Jul 1999 03:21:59
Message: <379D5E19.9CB31645@giwersworld.org>
I have moved the parameters by examination of the structure. I
have played with them by maximizing guesses for parameters. I can
get a lot of effects but I can not get rid of the sharp inverse
curve where they intersect. (That is where you see a highlight
divided by a line rather than fading through a line.)

	I cannot say "no way" but I can say I spent more time that I
would like to remember on field theory (got a B! and a miracle at
the same time) and I cannot think of a way fields are going to
yield the sharpness of that intersection. I can see that is good
for visualizing molecules and such, but I don't see how this can
arise from field equations.

	The help file example shows it so it is not clearly me error.

	Yes, I am using sturm. No difference with or without.

	My interest is in modeling human bones for images not medical
reasons. I was thinking of smooth transitions with whiles of
blobs that would smoothly transition; maybe two lines of a
hundred for a long bone, four for a phalanx. These lines are
ruining the idea. But if these were truly potential surfaces they
would not be there.

	So, back to the subject line above.

--
<blink>-------please--don't-----------------</blink>