POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Infinite cones Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:16:57 EDT (-0400)
  Infinite cones (Message 21 to 22 of 22)
From: Ken
Subject: Re: Infinite cones
Date: 23 Jul 1999 00:42:49
Message: <3797F23F.F642A25F@pacbell.net>
Mark Wagner wrote:

> However, if manual bounding of a CSG object is done wrong or unneccesarily,
> it can result in an order of magnitude slowdown.
>
> Mark

Amen to that !

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/links.htm

Post a reply to this message

From: Alan Kong
Date: 24 Jul 1999 03:39:49
Message: <379f6c51.92532817@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 22 Jul 1999 21:39:43 -0700, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

>If you are interested in testing this for your self I might be able to dig
>up so code that illustrates it fairly well...

  Thanks for the offer, Ken, but I'll commit the technique to notes for now.
I'm trying to think up with a decent radiosity scene, having been inspired
recently with examples by Warp and others. Their scenes look much nicer than
anything I've ever done and I'm examining their work and (hopefully)
learning how they place objects and lighting in the room.

--
Alan
news.povray.org - where POV-Ray enthusiasts around the world can get