POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How it works... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:25:42 EDT (-0400)
  How it works... (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Lewis
Subject: How it works...
Date: 8 May 1999 16:42:29
Message: <3734936A.C0C61B59@netvision.net.il>
I'd like to know how Chris Colefax's Object Exploder and Bender include
files work. It seems impossible to me using regular techniques, but then
again, Chris Colefax is no regular technique-er! I wonder how he keeps
giving us all those wonderful includes...

Post a reply to this message

The exploder creates many duplicates of the object and bounces them around
in magical ways.  The object bender creates many copies of an object and
slices them up to make it look like the original has been bent.  You know
the trick where you hold a pencil by one end and wiggle it so it looks like
it's rubber?  Same deal.

-Mike

Lewis wrote:

> I'd like to know how Chris Colefax's Object Exploder and Bender include
> files work. It seems impossible to me using regular techniques, but then
> again, Chris Colefax is no regular technique-er! I wonder how he keeps
> giving us all those wonderful includes...

Post a reply to this message

  The object bender creates many copies of an object and
> slices them up to make it look like the original has been bent.  You know
> the trick where you hold a pencil by one end and wiggle it so it looks like
> it's rubber?  Same deal.
>
> -Mike

 I disagree. The effect you describe is a classic representation of the
persistence of vision effect while the object bender file is a de-jong
box trick of sorts.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net