POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : absolute reflection? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:20:58 EDT (-0400)
  absolute reflection? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Anders Haglund
Subject: absolute reflection?
Date: 28 Apr 1999 12:16:10
Message: <3727263a.0@news.povray.org>
Hi everybody.

I just wondered if povray can do absolute reflections? you know, when light
goes from a dense medium to a less dense medium in a high angle the light
bends so much it becomes a reflection instead of a refraction... If it
doesn't support it... well, then it should because it's no hard math and
it's pretty common...

/Anders

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999 17:14:31 +0200, Anders Haglund wrote:
>Hi everybody.
>
>I just wondered if povray can do absolute reflections? you know, when light
>goes from a dense medium to a less dense medium in a high angle the light
>bends so much it becomes a reflection instead of a refraction... If it
>doesn't support it... well, then it should because it's no hard math and
>it's pretty common...

I think when I learned this concept they called it "Total Internal Reflection."
If it's the same thing you're thinking of, then yes it is supported.

Post a reply to this message