POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Vista buffer coordonates Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Vista buffer coordonates (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Nicolet
Subject: Vista buffer coordonates
Date: 5 Jan 2001 18:06:43
Message: <1emsdc3.tkm7ph1pkb3eqN%Stephane.Nicolet@ens.fr>
Hi everybody,

Does anyone know if it would be possible to have PovRay output somewhere
(standard console, file, whatever) the coordonates of the rectangles (in
image pixels) it uses for the vista buffer feature ?
Or alternatively, does anyone know how to get the coordinates (in the
image) of the projection of the bounding boxes of objects ?

Thanks in advance,
Stephane.

Post a reply to this message

> Does anyone know if it would be possible to have PovRay output somewhere
> (standard console, file, whatever) the coordonates of the rectangles (in
> image pixels) it uses for the vista buffer feature ?
> Or alternatively, does anyone know how to get the coordinates (in the
> image) of the projection of the bounding boxes of objects ?

MegaPOV (http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm) includes a patch to return the
co-ordinates of objects' bounding boxes (min_extent and max_extent), which
will be included in POV 3.5.

I don't think there's any way to return the vista buffer co-ords (without
patching the source), but as I understand it the vista buffers are the 3D
bounding boxes projected onto the 2D camera space.  If you didn't want to
patch POV-Ray, it should be possible to duplicate the vista-buffer code in
POV-script....