So, I grabbed some code off the wayback machine for the A* algorithm in visual
c++, and converted all of that to POV-Ray SDL.
Although I still probably need to go back in and fix some the
late-night/early-morning edits/hacks that I did in order to get it to run to
completion without errors, it looks like it works.
After hand-coding some obstacles in the map array, I figured that I ought to try
it with a real maze, and the easiest thing to do there was use an image (plus
that would move me in the direction of applying this to meshes)
So after a few false starts, I got everything nicely framed on the page, and it
took this implementation 2 min 20 sec to solve a 500*500 pixel maze image (parse
Post a reply to this message
Download 'a-star image.png' (805 KB)
Preview of image 'a-star image.png'