POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Spline inconsistencies : Re: Spline inconsistencies Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spline inconsistencies
Date: 22 Feb 2002 06:03:48
Message: <pn8c7uktkb6mkbi0ibcr732ndapmv4j59b@4ax.com>

wrote:
>// note you can mix ranges, overwrite and mix

// mix, overwrite and overlap

Note also I didn't write spline type in any place becouse it can be forced at
calculation stage.

The only thing I wonder about splines - why they are designed with { when they
are just vector functions.

And one feature request (it best fits in this thread): result is a vector -
why not allow to influence dimension of this result with dimension if input ?
I mean why not allow 2D or 5D vectors in input list ? First entry in spline
could describe dimension of result just like for arrays. This could extend
spline for use with rgbtf values and many other applications.

ABX