POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : user survey - please answer : Re: user survey - please answer Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:29:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: user survey - please answer
From: Peter Popov
Date: 23 Jun 2000 17:35:31
Message: <pil7ls8d6ql52jnpk5blmdd62e1b450tks@4ax.com>
On Thu, 22 Jun 2000 22:50:56 -0500, Mark Gordon <mtg### [at] mailbagcom>
wrote:

>OK, here are the questions:
>
>1) Under what operating systems do you use POV-Ray? Please be specific
>as to e.g. Linux distributions, versions, and so forth.  Multiple
>answers are fine.

Slackware 7 kernel 2.2.14
Windows 98 SE

>2) Do you want POV-Ray for Unix to have an official GUI front-end for
>your platform? Please indicate which one(s) if you list several
>platforms.

Yes.

>3) Would you want such a front-end to have a built-in editor?

No, but official modes for emacs and nedit would help, especially if
keyboard shourcuts are made to match those in the POV-Ray for Windows
GUI.

>4) Any preference on languages/GUI libraries on such a front end, pro or
>con? (Tcl/Tk, Perl/Tk, Python Tkinter, Java AWT, gtk+, Gnome, KDE,
>Motif/Lesstif)

No, as long as it's not Gnome/KDE specific.

>5) What editor do you use for editing .pov files?

CodeMax.

>6) What format(s) do you prefer for documentation? (HTML, ASCII, PDF,
>ps, man, info, Word document, etc.)

HTML, PDF, .hlp . Man is fine but maybe not for a project as large as
POV-Ray.

>7) What sort of package management do you prefer for precompiled
>binaries?

Dunno. I always get the source and compile it :)

>8) What unofficial version(s) of POV-Ray (e.g. MegaPov, PVMPOV) do you
>use on a regular basis?

MegaPOV.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet