POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Unclear images : Re: Unclear images Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:17:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unclear images
From: Paul Bourke
Date: 11 Sep 2005 00:36:07
Message: <pdb_NOSPAM-D64E7B.14360411092005@news.povray.org>
> I have created some PoV-Ray model which generated 2D diagrams for me based
> on parameters that I supply. The diagrams use a lot of lines and text
> objects. However, the output of the diagrams is quite unclear.

Putting aside the perversity of using PovRay for this, I use it
reasonably often for diagrams where the programming language
allows precise effects to be created, for example the latest
diagrams for a paper are here
   http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/tmp/jjw/
all but "diagram" are using Pov.

I suspect you are having touble because the structure you are
trying to represent is around the same scale or smaller than a
pixel. Try thickening the geometry or rendering at higher resolution
possibly with higher antialiasing settings. If you are doing these
for publication then the higher resolution isn't such an issue since
the publishers will want that anyway.

ps: I suggest you don't use jpg for these, but then that may just
have been for posting. png or tiff would be better.

--
Paul Bourke
pdb_NOSPAMswin.edu.au