POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : RC4 quick summary of my reports : Re: RC4 quick summary of my reports Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:14:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RC4 quick summary of my reports
Date: 9 May 2002 06:55:30
Message: <pckkduod909g1736lrlm75pakanfm5rs3u@4ax.com>
On Thu, 09 May 2002 11:56:33 +0200, "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde>
wrote:
> >   splines:      news.povray.org/m4f7cug9ch19jbve8m8prf4vl8ima0rsma@4ax.com
> >                 when point is added then type of spline is overwritten
> >                 so bottom, second from right is wrong
>
> I don't get what you want to say in the sentence above.

Sorry if it is caused by me English. I try to write it again and show shorter
example: when I copy spline identifier and add point in the same time then I
expect that new spline will have the same type and new point. Point is added
but type of spline is overwritten. Example:

  #macro Draw(Spline,Color)
    #local c=0;
    #while (c<1)
      sphere{Spline(c) .1 translate 3*z pigment{Color} finish{ambient 1}}
      #local c=c+.01;
    #end
  #end
  background{1}
  #local S=spline{ cubic_spline -1 5*x 0 x 1 y 2 5*y }
  Draw(S,red 1)
  Draw(spline{S 0.5 x+y},blue 1)

> >   bounding:     news.povray.org/2g0dcu8kasg84pqde8hdq9d60nkoa1cvka@4ax.com
>
> Yes, and this will remain the way it is unless someone comes up with code

I see.

> >   evaluate msg: news.povray.org/4nhfduk9gon9m76s6f6vu3k8gsjf7rrdjp@4ax.com
> >                 end of paragraph makes suggested value of evaluate valid
> >                 for report of next evaluate
>
> I don't get what is supposed to be wrong here?!?

Nothing is wrong. The problem is that it is just less readable when suggested
values are connected in this paragraph with evaluated values of next evaluate.
Just problem of place of "\n" placing. But if it is caused by internall
wraping system for all messages then probably nothing to worry about - values
are (I suppose) correct.

ABX