POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Animation software : Re: Animation software Server Time
2 May 2024 07:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation software
From: Paul Bourke
Date: 6 Apr 2003 06:05:56
Message: <pbourke-516F87.20040406042003@netplex.aussie.org>
> General lack of knowledge. Plus as far as I can see you need QT Pro to do
> a 'slideshow'.

Correct, but it also creates movies using any QT codec, AVI, and MPEG
2 and 4 (depending on the machine/license you purchase). For what it
costs I believe it's a pretty good buy, I use it exclusively.

> a) it doesn't seem to take in a sequence of files, i.e. a povray
> animation

QT PRo does, I use TGA but I supports lots of other formats, at
least PNG and TIFF.....probably others.

> b) The QT file it produced was the one the breaks if I copy it, or upload
> it to a webserver.

I suggest this is some other problem, nothing to do with QT.
--
Paul Bourke
pbo### [at] swineduau