POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ocean wave simulation : Re: ocean wave simulation Server Time
6 Aug 2024 10:19:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ocean wave simulation
From: Lukas Winter
Date: 7 May 2007 15:12:42
Message: <pan.2007.05.07.19.12.41.413365@removeit.geloescht.net>
I updated the test render. Tiles are now absolutely seamless. I am
currently in touch with the author (is that correct english?) to resolve
the problems regarding animation. Also there could be a way of calculating
waves using the parametric primitive. That would produce more exact
results in regions, that are close to the camera and save memory space.
Normal mapping would be also an option for fast simulation on planes.

Once I finished the patch I will start work on an exporter for all people,
who are not used to compiling. It will be released separetely.

You still can find the test render here:
> http://geloescht.net/allerlei/test_waves.jpg

Lukas