POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problem with area lights and transform{}? : Re: Problem with area lights and transform{}? Server Time
4 May 2024 05:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with area lights and transform{}?
From: Lukas Winter
Date: 3 May 2007 12:19:30
Message: <pan.2007.05.03.16.19.24.286679@removeit.geloescht.net>
> Can anyone tell me where in the source code a light_source actually
> applies a transform block? I tried following through from 'parse.cpp'
> where
>
> Transform_Object ((OBJECT *)Object, Parse_Transform(&Local_Trans));
>
> is called. This is defined in 'objects.cpp' where
>
> Transform(Object,Trans);
>
> is called. Transform() is a macro declared in 'frame.h' as
>
> #define Transform(x,y) ((*((x)->Methods->Transform_Method)) (x,y))
>
> but I can not figure out where Transform_Method() is declared for a
> light_source object ...
>
> Any other thoughts welcomed,

Take a look at point.cpp. It seems that Transform_Light_Source() actually
does nothing special with area lights. Only Translate_Light_Source() does
not call Transform_Light_Source() (scale and rotate do), but does it
itself. I don't know how the area light sample points are stored exactly,
but that may be the cause.