POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : mesh structure : Re: mesh structure Server Time
1 May 2024 23:24:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mesh structure
From: Lukas Winter
Date: 1 May 2007 04:18:21
Message: <pan.2007.05.01.08.18.20.191414@removeit.geloescht.net>
Am Tue, 01 May 2007 09:43:20 +0200 schrieb Le Forgeron:

> Le 30.04.2007 21:29, Lukas Winter nous fit lire :
>> I'm trying to make a mesh from the data a library, that I found on the
>> net, generates, but I'm not exactly sure, what I should fill in each
>> field of the structures.
>
> Been there, done that for GTS in 3.1...
>
>> At the moment I do the following things:
> [SNIP]
>>

>> PS:
>> Code version is 3.6.1. If everything works I will post my result to
>> povray.binaries.images and the patch to povray.binaries.programming.
>
> Best approach is probably to look at the parsing code of mesh{} and
> mesh2{} objects, and possibly mimics them.

I have already done that, but all the parsing work obscures what is really
done with the mesh structure itself. I think povray 3.6.1 has a lot of
unreadable code and parse.cpp is one of the messiest files... However, I
think I have found a bug in my code and I'll see what will happen, if I
fix it ;)