POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ping Pong Collaboration? : Re: Ping Pong Collaboration? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:24:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ping Pong Collaboration?
From: Lukas Winter
Date: 30 Mar 2007 08:07:09
Message: <pan.2007.03.30.13.07.08.847182@removeit.geloescht.net>
Am Thu, 29 Mar 2007 01:11:53 -0500 schrieb Afishionado:

> Tweaked the ior. Oh, yeah, and more photons! :-D
>
> (The disembodied head is awesome!)
>
> William

I'm sorry the render takes so long. Here is a replacement for my bad
macro. Perhaps it will fix the long render times with anti-aliasing a bit.
The new picture is really great, but if we go on adding so many time
consuming features I fear this game of pingpong will stop too soon.

#macro blurred_reflection(pigm, fin, amount, sampl)
  texture
  {
    average
    texture_map
    {
      #while(sampl > 0)
        [1
          pigment { pigm }
          finish { fin }
          normal
          {
            bumps amount
            rotate <rand(s1), rand(s1), rand(s1)>*360
            #local factor = 1000;
            #if(rand(s1) > .7)
              #local factor = .1;
            #end