POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : RSOCP(THW) : Re: RSOCP(THW) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:22:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RSOCP(THW)
From: Lukas Winter
Date: 22 Mar 2007 05:09:52
Message: <pan.2007.03.22.10.09.51.568892@removeit.geloescht.net>
Am Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:32:57 +0100 schrieb Thomas de Groot:

> Welcome on board!
> A couple of comments about your image: - Don't scale up your image after
> render. You only increase the jaggies (when present) and make the scene
> more ugly than necessary. Either render at 1024x768 or keep the image at
> 800x600. That would be perfectly ok. - Use (always) antialiasing in your
> image. - I wonder about that problem concerning planes and fog. What was
> it you wanted to do? You know that you can add the 'hollow' keyword to an
> object? or the 'inverse' keyword? Look up the documentation on this. - You
> can use radiosity to make your shadows less dense. Alternatively, use a
> shadowless light at a convenient position to light shadows a bit up
> (faster than radiosity). Also consider using an area_light for smoother
> lighting.
> - I don't know about those dark pixels :-)
>
> Thomas

Take a look at your povray documentation 2.3.10. There is no sphere {} or
plane {} in my code or anything like that ;) I could try to add
anti-aliasing to the raytracer or area lights but SDL is not that
efficient. I think this image took almost one hour to parse. The image was
not scaled up after it was rendered but during the render.