POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glas earth on completely white plane : Re: Glas earth on completely white plane Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:37:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glas earth on completely white plane
From: Sebastian H
Date: 26 Sep 2006 14:12:24
Message: <pan.2006.09.26.18.12.22.908785@gmx.de>
Am Sat, 23 Sep 2006 15:13:45 -0400 schrieb Halbert:

> That projection is cool. ;-) What is the ior of the interior?

Thanks, indeed the caustics are quite nice. The ior of the interior
is 1.5.
I made the scene arangement some month but I remember that
the earth/light position was chosen so that much light can
pass through the oceans and will not get cought by solid earth.
Actually it is two spheres. One for the soil and one refractive for the
water. Using just one sphere produced problems with photons and shadows
then. So I took two seperate spheres with the soil sphere beeing the
slightly larger one.

Sebastian