POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : 3.7 Linux beta. : Re: 3.7 Linux beta. Server Time
26 Jun 2024 15:13:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.7 Linux beta.
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 12 Aug 2006 17:24:00
Message: <pan.2006.08.12.21.23.54.826292@nospam.com>
On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 17:05:27 -0400, Warp wrote:

>   Can someone give a good argument why precisely 2 threads is a good default
> for unix povray?

Well, I certainly can't; Nicholas answered this by saying that there was
no reason to believe that it was or wasn't an optimal default.  I
interpret that to mean that there's an insufficient amount of data to
support that hypothesis.  Given the newness of the software (certainly in
my hands), I'd tend to agree that more data is needed in order to make
that assertion.

But I don't know what that has to do with my comments, honestly.  My
comments were more directed at maintainability in a cross-platform
development environment, which is something I've been exposed to in a
corporate development environment.  :-)

Jim