POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Simple text with radiosity : Re: Simple text with radiosity Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:26:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simple text with radiosity
From: Sebastian H
Date: 11 Aug 2006 06:03:11
Message: <pan.2006.08.11.10.03.10.960693@gmx.de>
> Is it an optical illusion or an animation - the fact that the whole thing
> looks like it's "contracting" when you stare at it?

Hmm, I wouldn't have recognized this unless you've mentioned
it.
It's a still png and I doubt that it can convert itself into
an animation (which would be fascinating) so it must be a
playing of the brain. :-) An Interesting effect anyway, it was
definitely not intended. It could relate to the ground patter which is not
a perfect checker board pattern but has shifts in it. I'll post the ground
patter later, unfortunately my newsreader (PAN) does not support posting
binaries so I have to switch to the web interface.

Regards,
Sebastian

P.S.: Now Steve's post makes sense...