POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The letter, progressing. : Re: The letter, progressing. Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The letter, progressing.
From: Artemia Salina
Date: 5 Aug 2006 14:17:29
Message: <pan.2006.08.05.18.17.28.767279@sheayright.com>
On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 16:18:14 -0400, RusHHouR wrote:

> Artemia Salina <y2k### [at] sheayrightcom> wrote:
>> On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 09:37:00 -0400, Artemia Salina wrote:

>> P.S. If that is not satisfactory you may need to create your own wood
>> texture.

> This one proved to be really tough imo... I look at the "Still with bolts"
> image (one of my favs in HoF), but I just dont GET IT! HOW can this be
> done!?!?!?

If you go to: http://www.ignorancia.org/en/index.php?page=Sources_map
you can download the scene file for "Still With Bolts" from the artist,
Jaime Vives Piqueres. If you want to re-render the scene you'll also need
his "Lightsys 4" macros from the same page.

He is basically using a height_field to get the wood grain for his table,
but instead of using an image file in the height_field he is using a
function which supplies a brick patterned pigment.

height_field{
 function 1000, 1000 {
  pigment{ brick color 1 color rgb 0 mortar 2 rotate 90*x scale .001 }
 }
 water_level 0.1
 translate -0.5
 texture{........}
}

Good luck!

--
Today's Alliterative Monomania Headlines:
Moonless Monogenic Macaw Monthly Masks Misguiding Magistracy