POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The letter, progressing. : Re: The letter, progressing. Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:24:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The letter, progressing.
From: Artemia Salina
Date: 22 Jul 2006 09:37:00
Message: <pan.2006.07.22.13.36.56.461233@sheayright.com>
On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 02:48:47 -0400, RusHHouR wrote:

> Progressing must be the same as in progress, right? 0_o

Yes, that's right.

> I think I like where this project is going. But I could use some tips
> and advise.
>
> The table. It should be made by some poor but still kind of skilled Ural
> handyman from the 1900th century. Im not so sure that it is the right
> word, but I would
> like to see some branches in the wood. Any ideas on how to create those
> will be noted in gratitude.

Knots (pronounced "nots") in wooden boards are where branches have been
sawed off, leaving a circular cross-section of their base in the grain
pattern of the wood. If that is what you want try T_Wood9 in woods.inc.
The comments say that it is heavily turbulated, so that might be what you
want.

--
Today's Alliterative Monomania Headlines:
Diodont Depreciative Definite Digestedly Dephlogisticcates Diphygenic Deambulation