POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : execute povray : Re: execute povray Server Time
26 Jun 2024 03:13:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: execute povray
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 7 Apr 2006 03:33:56
Message: <pan.2006.04.07.07.33.22.697698@nospam.com>
On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 23:07:17 -0400, jofg wrote:

> Is there suppose to be a usr/lib folder?

Yes.

> If I do need to create a password, how can I backtrack and create one?

It sounds like you are getting logged in somehow, try 'passwd'.

> Assuming PovRay is working, and if Povray is command line, how is the
> source for a file created, where is the editor as in Windows?

This is covered in the POV-Ray documentation I pointed you at.  POV-Ray
for Unix/Linux is different that POV-Ray for Windows.

> I think I should first learn Linux first.

That would be an excellent idea. :-)

> Where is the Netscape Newsgroup?

Not on this news server - try a full news server or a server hosted by
mozilla.org.  news.povray.org hosts newsgroups for the POV-Ray community,
not for other software packages or topics.

Jim