POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : No display : Re: No display Server Time
26 Jun 2024 04:14:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No display
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 6 Apr 2006 12:25:09
Message: <pan.2006.04.06.16.24.38.598115@nospam.com>
On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 05:54:54 -0400, mil01 wrote:

> I've compiled povray 3.6 on Ubuntu 64 bits Everythings fine except that
> that display of rendering is not avilable. When launching render, console
> say : displaying... but nothing appear (only dots on console )
>
> ....and my povray.conf has Display=On
>
> what's the problem ?

If you're running at a text console, display isn't typically available
unless you use a patch that lets you display on a framebuffer console
(which isn't a text console, but is a mode a text console can run with).

If you want a display with the stock installation, I believe you must run
it under XWindows.

Jim