POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : execute povray : Re: execute povray Server Time
26 Jun 2024 03:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: execute povray
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 6 Apr 2006 01:09:16
Message: <pan.2006.04.06.05.08.47.152042@nospam.com>
On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 21:39:23 -0700, jofg wrote:

> No user account.

Not really possible (I guess as it's OSS, anything is *possible*) - the
error message provides a very significant clue...

> povray: cannot open the user configuration file
> /root/povray/3.6/povray.conf: No such file or directory.

You need to create this file.

> Question, how is Povray executed in Linux?
>
> Is there a command?

povray is the command.  I would suggest you start at
http://www.povray.org/documentation/ - paying particular attention to the
section entitled "POV-Ray for Unix".

> There is no folder in Home, and there is no Povray in the 'Start', of Linux
> Mandriva, which is a STAR.
>
> !

It's a command-line tool, not added to the menu in any Linux or Unix-based
installation.