POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New year post : Re: New year post Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:15:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New year post
From: povray
Date: 4 Jan 2006 17:13:16
Message: <pan.2006.01.04.20.58.09.840134@localhost>
On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 08:23:09 -0500, Bill Pragnell wrote:

> Seasonal salutations to you all.
>
> Following on from my tentative trefoil knot last year, here is a more recent
> and complete version. It still lacks people, and may well be altered
> somewhat in the field of texturing, but it looks pretty damn dramatic I
> reckon.
>
> Who wants to guess how long it took to render?
>
> Bill

I see no evidence of radiousity, so I guess 30 minutes
to an hour?

Amazing pic.  I like the colored lighting.

How the heck do you make this shape in POV-Ray?
My attempts at this have been ... lame  ;)

--
to all the companies who wait until a large user base becomes
dependant on their freeware, then shafting said happy campers with