POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : snow ! : Re: snow ! Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:04:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: snow !
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 9 Dec 2005 23:21:16
Message: <pan.2005.12.10.04.21.03.91228@nospam.com>
On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 23:14:37 +0200, Eero Ahonen wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Wow!  How'd you get the dog's hair to look so realistic?  (Just kidding,
>> but couldn't resist <g>)
>>

> How can you say that? It's not even near of realistic :o.

Ah, well, my left eye is slightly out of focus, so maybe that had
something to do with it.  That said, though, even at the middle of
the dog, the reason that the fur looks a little odd is because of a shadow
coming from an object that's out of frame.  That's hyper-realism, to
place something out of frame so it casts a shadow like that while being
trace. I still say "well done, and can we see the souce?". <g>