POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blue blob : Re: Blue blob Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:05:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blue blob
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 6 Sep 2005 15:10:53
Message: <pan.2005.09.06.19.10.52.566282@nospam.com>
I thought some might be interested in knowing that this render *finally*
finished (last night around 11 PM local time).  I actually stopped and
restarted a couple of times (system upgrades, actually), but only had
about 3 hours downtime between the start and the end.

The final hour count was 3153 hours (render time of 131 days 9 hours).  I
did try to run it at the highest processor priority (nice level -19) most
of the time, but didn't run it that way continuously.

I'm now rerunning at a depth of 3; after 15 minutes, it's about a quarter
of the way finished.  I'm going to be interested to see if the differences
are visible at all...

Jim