POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : chocolate cake : Re: chocolate cake Server Time
9 Aug 2024 08:59:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: chocolate cake
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 22 Apr 2005 22:43:55
Message: <pan.2005.04.23.02.43.54.997566@nospam.com>
On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 18:38:01 -0700, Xplo Eristotle wrote:

> Jim's arguments about "consideration" for other users are pure bunk; I
> have debunked them and I'm sick of replying to him. The only issue I see
> here is consideration for the server owner, who must, after all, pay for
> the necessary bandwidth and storage.

You know what, you're absolutely right.  Screw the little guy, it's not
your problem or mine.  When I get around to it, I'll post my images on the
server, and because they're *so* stunning, I'll post uncompressed
TGAs at 1400x1050, because that's what I rendered with.

Seriously, though, I started with the point that it was the owner or
moderator of the server who requested it, and wandered from that.  Thanks
for pointing that out.

> If it's not yet feasible for him to
> support storing and serving a large number of PNGs, I can certainly
> respect that, but I wonder whether this is still the case, as it was when
> the server use guidelines were written.

Then perhaps someone should *ask* if those guidelines still apply.

Jim