POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : chocolate cake : Re: chocolate cake Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:26:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: chocolate cake
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 21 Apr 2005 16:48:20
Message: <pan.2005.04.21.20.48.19.144113@nospam.com>
:-)

I guess it hit home for me in part because when I first subscribed to
these groups about a year ago, I went through every single image in the
group to see what others were doing - and it was very nice to see the work
that others using the software had hit.  At the same time, I wanted to go
through fairly quick, and even with my 3 Mbps DSL, some of the images took
"forever" (a relative term in this instance, meaning "longer than I
expected" - usually 3-5 seconds) to pull down so I could look at them -
and usually it was "oh, that's neat, on to the next one" - about 1-2
seconds viewing the image unless there was something intrinsicly
interesting about it.

Jim