POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : chocolate cake : Re: chocolate cake Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:20:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: chocolate cake
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 21 Apr 2005 14:30:40
Message: <pan.2005.04.21.18.30.40.215465@nospam.com>
On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:22:12 +0200, Eric CHAPUZOT wrote:

> as had said Fabien Mosen, we discussed for more than 5 years on this
> problem on news.zoo-logique.org

Different server, different rules.

> they've even make a special group for that on a funny demand. they
> called it "chapuzot.zoo"
> but nobody comes to post.

Looks like it was created for you - but I don't see the problem with
posting links to higher quality images - I really don't.

> it could be interesting for povray animations which need better quality
> very very often...

When subscribing to a group with a title of 'binaries.animations', it's
pretty obvious the files are going to be of a significant size.  When
subscribing to an 'images' group, it's not clear what the average size is.
I would think that you'd *want* people to be interested in your images,
not pissed off because it took longer than expected to download them over
their 26.4Kbps dialup.  I know if I was stuck with a slow dialup (which
would've been less than 5 years ago), I'd be *very* unhappy with the waste
of my limited bandwidth.

So again, I ask, what's so difficult about being considerate for those
less fortunate?

Jim