POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A planet generator : Re: A planet generator Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:20:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A planet generator
From: JS
Date: 28 Oct 2004 16:02:02
Message: <pan.2004.10.28.20.01.08.660412@spammers.allowed>
On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:26:46 +0200, Maurice wrote:

> JS wrote:
>> This is a planet generator macro which I wrote for fun, using patterned
>> textures. I don't know if the picture will actually make it through,
>> since I use the newsreader Pan, which doesn't have any native binary
>> posting capabilities (anyone know any good binary-posting newsreader for
>> Linux ?), but I'll attach the macro before it - it's only a few seconds
>> render with atmoshpere disabled.
>>
>> No doubt there's plenty to improve here, but this was my first serious
>> try with making my own texture (or a macro, for that matter)...
>>

> I get no output. What settings did you use to call the macro with?

I've attached my test file. It can be used to generate a nice animation,
too :). Or at least the frames of the animation; I've yet to find any
program which could make a series of png images into a video.

*** BEGIN planet.pov ***

global_settings { assumed_gamma 2.2 }

#include "planet.inc"
#include "transforms.inc"

 #local CamPos = <-8,5,0>;

#local sunvector = <0,4,-10>;

camera {
  location CamPos
  look_at <0,0,0>
}

// The Sun
light_source {
  sunvector
  color rgb <3,3,3>
  parallel
  point_at <0,0,0>
}

// Our glorious planet.
object {
  #local trans = transform { rotate 360 * clock * y }
  planet(4, 0, 1, 1, vinv_transform(sunvector, trans)) transform { trans }
}

*** END planet.pov ***